A patzer's quest
Friday, March 11, 2005
 
Welcome Boylston Chess Club Weblog readers!
Boy, was I surprised to discover someone else discovered me! But hey, welcome, and have a nice stay.

Now regarding my not being a Knights Errant candidate...well, you guessed it, not for now. But not because I don't recognize the merits of such a system. I also read the Michael de la Maza articles, thought about it, decided it's certainly going to help my rating, and then decided it's too much work, and I don't have the time and the dedication required.Oh, did I mention I'm not only a patzer, but a lazy patzer, too? No? I'm sure you discovered it by now.

However, I have great respect for those who are able to stick to that program, and I certainly don't want to play a rated game against any of them on FICS. Unrated, you're all welcome :) Just kidding...don't care that much about rating, and facing stronger opposition always makes me play stronger, too. Too bad I lose.

The reason the Michael de la Maza program won't work for me right now is the fact that I don't play real chess[txt] (an article by ... who else...Dan Heisman). I used to play "flip-coin" chess (oh, and guess what .. I still do, occasionally), and recently upgraded to "hope" chess. So, unless I become a "real chess" player, I don't have a chance. What is the reason for pulling out a nice tactic, winning a piece, if I hang my queen afterwards? Believe me, it happend to me. Not once.
Comments:
yo... good thread ))
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger