A patzer's quest
Sunday, February 27, 2005
 
Up and down
Nine more games played today. All with 2 12, my favorite time control. Lost 4 games in a row, then won 5 games in a row, to get back to the rating I started the day with: 1356. What a patzer....players with more than 100 rating points below me seemed to have an easy time today, beating me. And I didn't even hang my queen for them, as I usually do. Not noticing mate in 2-s, easy forks, sudden checks...these are my plague. Is there any remedy? Well, Dan Heismann says there is. In his Novice Nook columns, he has some good advice. But I don't have the time to play longer games, and besides...losing a long game is much more painful than losing at blitz.

Not that losing at blitz is fun. In fact, I already swore to myself, several times, that I'm not going to move any chesspiece ever again. That I don't want to see a checkered board ever again. And still , here I am...fortunately, after a string of painful losses, there is somebody who gives away a piece or the queen for me, and I'm back again on track. Only to lose another string of games, until I meet a patzer just like myself...

Well, I guess that, instead of paying huge sums of money for chess training, people should just pay some fellow to let them win over the board now and then, to get back in the mood.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger